4 types of nutrients
Well, our body needs different types of nutrients. All of them have different functions and are classified on the basis on amount of nutrients required by our body. Some are required in large quantities while some are required in less extent in body. Mostly we can get all types of nutrients by a mixed and healthy diet.
Nutrients like Carbohydrate, protein and fat required in large quantities by the body are known as macro nutrients as they impart our bodies with energy and are building block for development and repairs of the body. While, nutrients like vitamins and minerals which are required in less quantities in body are known as micro-nutrients, although they are as essential as macro nutrients since they are vital to keep us healthy. Read below to know more about different types of nutrients.
• MACRO NUTRIENTS-They are of three types
• MICRO-NUTRIENTS- They are sub categorized into two types. Namely:
1. Water soluble They are excreted out through urine and hence needs to be taken regularly as they cannot be stored in body. They generally include all minerals like Vitamin B12, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and Folic Acid.
2. Fat soluble They are absorbed through guts with the help of fat. They comprise of Vitamin A, D, E and K.
• MINERALS are not strictly under nutrients. They consist of Calcium, Fluoride, Iodine, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium, Phosphate and Sodium. They are equally necessary for our bodies.